The affordable healthcare act Sample Essay.
The affordable healthcare act and EMS
Date of submission
I feel like I have a good understanding of how the affordable act has affected the reimbursement for EMS services. The reason behind this is that the affordable care act has come up with the high insurance deductible plans that help the insurance providers and employers to down premiums ad it has already represented more than half of the commercial insurance products. The affordable care act employed rise of mobile integrated health care that focuses on prevention and first care of the patients. The development of the community paramedical has provided primary cares services in marginalized patient’s ad this cuts off the transport costs and long distances to access the hospitals. The act also has led to the increased enrolments of the health insurance patients. The cat enacted by this act affects the existing plans for coverage which has affected volumes of EMS transport.
I feel that my organization has seen a positive impact as result of the affordable health care acts. The reason behind this is that the affordable healthcare act has helped the expansion of health insurance coverage for all the people as well as improving health quality reporting. The laws have also reduced overall expenses of medical care services due to the facts that, it has encouraged the provision of primary care in rural areas.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d Oberlander, Jonathan (June 1, 2010). “Long Time Coming: Why Health Reform Finally Passed”. Health Affairs. 29 (6): 1112–1116. doi:10.1377/hlthaff.2010.0447. ISSN 0278-2715. PMID 20530339.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d Blumenthal, David; Abrams, Melinda; Nuzum, Rachel (June 18, 2015). “The Affordable Care Act at 5 Years”. New England Journal of Medicine. 372 (25): 2451–2458. doi:10.1056/NEJMhpr1503614. ISSN 0028-4793. PMID 25946142. S2CID 28486139.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Cohen, Alan B.; Colby, David C.; Wailoo, Keith A.; Zelizer, Julian E. (June 1, 2015). Medicare and Medicaid at 50: America’s Entitlement Programs in the Age of Affordable Care. Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19-023156-9.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Vicini, James; Stempel, Jonathan; Biskupic, Joan (June 28, 2017). “Top court upholds healthcare law in Obama triumph”. Reuters.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e f “Federal Subsidies for Health Insurance Coverage for People Under Age 65:2016 to 2026”. CBO. March 24, 2016. Retrieved November 23, 2016.
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Health Insurance Coverage and the Affordable Care Act, 2010–2016”. March 2, 2016. Retrieved December 7, 2016.
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Employer Health Benefits 2015”. Kaiser Family Foundation. Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d “Budgetary and Economic Effects of Repealing the Affordable Care Act”. Congressional Budget Office. June 18, 2015. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d “CBO’s Analysis of the Major Health Care Legislation Enacted in March 2010”. Congressional Budget Office. March 30, 2011. Retrieved April 6, 2012.
- ^ Jump up to:a b “The Distribution of Household Income, 2014 | Congressional Budget Office”. www.cbo.gov. March 19, 2018.